This course is run by Hodder Eduction. For more information and to book, please see their website.
Take a tour of The Globe Theatre from the comfort of your own classroom, deepening your knowledge of the historical context, events and developments associated with this site.
- Explore the magnificent Globe Theatre, taking a 360° tour that shows how it illuminates the Elizabethan era
- Gain an overview of location, function, structure and design, and how these aspects reflect the culture, values and fashions of the time
- Learn how to teach the historic environment with confidence, maximising students’ potential in this question, which is worth 10% of the overall marks
- The new fashion for theatre going in Shakespeare’s London
- Seven Site Aspects examined; patronage, opposition and censorship
- Links to second order concepts and question approaches