This course is run by Hodder Eduction. For more information and to book, please see their website.
Get to grips with the period of c1568—1603 and explore the 2019 historic environment site, the Globe Theatre. Highly regarded expert Carmel will present new ways of engaging your students with tried-and-tested strategies for linear success.
Attend this course and receive a FREE copy of AQA GCSE History: Elizabethan England, c1568—1603, worth £13.99.
- Examine creative ways to tackle this hugely popular British depth study
- Zoom in on the Globe Theatre, the 2019 nominated site for AQA
- Focus on the interpretation of questions
10.00am Registration and coffee
10.15am Depth Study details
- Helicopter History - starting points
- Elizabethan A’Listers and beyond
- Key themes for organising teaching plan
11.15am Morning coffee
11.30am Classroom strategies for linear success
- Puzzle it out
- Summarising Pyramids
- You’ve been framed!
1.30pm Hardwick Hall - Historic Environment
- Elizabeth Countess of Shrewsbury
- Seven Site aspects examined
- Links to second order concepts and question approaches
2.30pm Afternoon tea
2.45pm Questions about questions
- The issue of interpretations
- Question wizardry!
- Write an account
3.45pm Review and reflect
4.00pm Course ends