This course is run by Hodder Eduction. For more information and to book, please see their website.
Discover how you can plan and prepare every lesson to make sure it’s memorable, the content is ‘sticky’ and your class are captivated.
Educational Consultant Carmel Bones will share her proven methods for helping students to recall, retrieve and retain the information required for exam success.
Rated 5 out of 5 by all attendees in 2017, this one-day workshop will:
- Explore the foundations that need to be set before planning linear learning in your subject(s)
- Focus on ways to reinforce learning in a creative and interesting way
- Introduce interactive techniques for delivering ‘sticky’ lessons with all GCSE students, no matter how often you teach them
- Provide practical, high impact and easy-to-implement ideas that will work for your subject and can be distributed to your department/ adapted for your whole schoo
10.00am Registration and coffee
10.15am It’s tricky - make it sticky!
- Captivating your class – gauge starting points
- Home links – the “tea-time” test
- Stepping back – share the road map
11.15am Morning coffee
11.30am Learning which will stand the test of time
- Familiarity, fluency and reiteration
- Wow words and subject specific language
- Teaching for understanding and quality outcomes
1.30pm Clockwork classrooms - building autonomy
- Helpful habits
- Fitted feedback
- Dare to devolve
2.30pm Afternoon tea
2.45pm Making it memorable
- The importance of metacognition
- Growth mindsets
- Thinking about how you are thinking
3.45pm Review and reflect
4.00pm Course ends