This course is run by Hodder Eduction. For more information and to book, please see their website.
Explore Kenilworth Castle from the comfort of your own classroom, deepening your knowledge of the historical context, events and developments associated with this site.
Whether you plan to visit Kenilworth Castle or not, this webinar will help you bring the historic environment to life for students being examined on OCR GCSE A, Castles: Form and Function in 2019.
- Take a 360° tour around the magnificent buildings, uncovering their importance in the Medieval and Tudor periods
- Examine how form and function evolved through time from defensive features withstanding the longest medieval siege on English soil to a spectacular royal residence
- Learn how to teach the historic environment with confidence, maximising students’ potential in this question, which is worth 10% of the overall marks
- Get 6 months’ access to a recording of the webinar so you can view it on demand as many times as you like
- Investigate the evolution of the building from formidable stronghold to a palace fit for Elizabeth I
- Track this clear example of a defensive design later developed for leisure, pleasure and impact on the senses
- Links to second order concepts, essay and source question approaches